Celtic consider move for AZ Alkmaar coach Pascal Jansen

Forum 10 months ago

Celtic consider move for AZ Alkmaar coach Pascal Jansen

Highly-rated AZ Alkmaar coach Pascal Jansen is on Celtic's radar as they look to find Ange Postecoglou's successor, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a4339b84ae3494e28a79f1b5ef9ea76b.jpg

London-born Jansen is considered one of the top coaches in the Dutch Eredivisie and led AZ to fourth this season, just behind Ajax, as well as a spot in the final four of the Europa Conference League, where they fell to eventual winners West Ham.

50-year-old Jansen has never worked in the UK but, when speaking to 90min earlier this season, he admitted he would like the chance to work in his homeland and that opportunity could now come this summer with Celtic.

Celtic lost their head coach Postecoglou to Tottenham Hotspur earlier this week and their search for a new boss has already begun.

A number of names have been linked including Manchester City coach Enzo Maresca, former boss Brendan Rodgers and West Ham's David Moyes, the latter of whom has very close ties to the club where he first emerged as a player in the 1980s.

However, Celtic are looking at a number of options and 90min now understands that one name which has emerged is that of Jansen.

Celtic, though, are not the only interested party as 90min understands that both Ajax and PSV Eindhoven - both in the market for new coaches - are also showing a real interest in Jansen, who has garnered a big reputation in recent years.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

Saudi Super Cup: He acted in front of referee – Al Nassr coach speaks on Ronaldo’s red card
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Saudi Super Cup: He acted in front of referee – Al Nassr coach speaks on Ronaldo’s red card

Don’t bring any idiot as Super Eagles coach – Airpeace CEO, Onyema warns NFF
Forum | 1 month ago

Don’t bring any idiot as Super Eagles coach – Airpeace CEO, Onyema warns NFF