Travis Knight: New Laika Movie Wildwood Will Feature Huge Battle Sequence

Forum 10 months ago

Travis Knight: New Laika Movie Wildwood Will Feature Huge Battle Sequence

Travis Knight is creating a challenging battle sequence for Laika‘s upcoming movie Wildwood.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8ee3dfc6dc7be526a37d5138c7270ba8.jpg

Wildwood hails from the studio behind Coraline, ParaNorman, and Missing Link. This stop-motion fantasy epic will be directed by Travis Knight (Kubo and the Two Strings, Bumblebee). The film follows Prue, a young woman who comes across a mystical, enchanted forest.

Knight has given information about a huge battle sequence in the film, which he has never attempted before.

“It’s the single most difficult thing we’re tackling on this movie,” Knight told Empire. “We’re starting to chip away and tentatively stepping into, like, ‘Oh God, oh God, oh God, how are we gonna do this?’ But I think it’s going to work. And you’ll tell me when the film’s all done if it did. Stop-motion films tend to look like they’re shot on a table-top, because they are. Moving a physical object a frame at a time and trying to give it life, that’s its own challenge. And then you bring all the kineticism you would have in a live-action action movie… It’s so hard.”

Who is in the Wildwood cast?

Wildwood features a star-studded cast, including Carey Mulligan, Mahershala Ali, Peyton Elizabeth Lee, Jacob Tremblay, Awkwafina, Angela Bassett, Jake Johnson, Charlie Day, Amandla Stenberg, Jemaine Clement, Maya Erskine, Tantoo Cardinal, Tom Waits, and Richard E. Grant. It will hit theaters in 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shallipopi
Forum | 3 days ago

Shallipopi's New Album, Shakespopi Claims 1st-9th Position On Apple Music

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 5 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast
Forum | 5 days ago

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast