I’m leaving office with hope unbroken, enthusiasm to serve – Gbajabiamila

Forum 10 months ago

I’m leaving office with hope unbroken, enthusiasm to serve – Gbajabiamila

The outgoing Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila said he is leaving office with his hope unbroken and the enthusiasm to serve Nigerians.

Gbajabiamila stated this his farewell speech during the valedictory session of the Ninth House of Representatives on Wednesday.

The Speaker also restated his commitment to public service ahead of assuming duties as the Chief of Staff on June 14.

Recall that President Bola Tinubu appointed Gbajabiamila last Friday, after his election to the Surulere I Federal Constituency seat for a sixth consecutive term.

He said, “As you are all aware, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, has nominated me to continue serving the people of Nigeria as Chief of Staff in the Presidency.

The Speaker said he was “humbled by this new call to duty,” adding that he “came to this honourable house 20 years ago filled with hope for our nation’s future.

“I leave this office today with hope unbroken and my enthusiasm to serve remains undiminished,” he added.

Gbajabiamila noted that his long-held belief was that the ultimate end of all political and governance efforts must be to achieve measurable improvements in the lives of the people on whose behalf office is held.

He said, “The fundamental belief in the responsibility of the government to be a force for good had been his guiding light.

“It will continue to be so in my new endeavour,” he continued. “I humbly ask for your prayers and support in this new chapter.

“I assure you that in this new role, I will work to ensure a cordial and productive relationship between the executive and legislative arms of government, whilst respecting the independence and prerogatives of the legislature.”

The chief of staff-designate, who noted that there’s a time and a season for everything, told his fellow lawmakers that they were obliged and obligated to do the most and the best they could in the time they had.

He said, “As I transition into my new role, a role unlike the one I have had for these many years, I ask for your support and best wishes as we continue to work together to advance the cause and fulfil the promise of Nigeria.

“I will miss all of you and I will miss this house. I want you to rest assured that wherever the road takes me, I will carry you all in my heart, fondly because you have enriched my life in ways words alone cannot fully express,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening
Forum | 1 day ago

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 2 days ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell
Forum | 2 days ago

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total
Forum | 4 days ago

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total