EPL: Harry Maguire told to leave Manchester United for rivals

Forum 10 months ago

EPL: Harry Maguire told to leave Manchester United for rivals

Former Liverpool player, John Barnes has urged defender Harry Maguire to leave Manchester United this summer for Premier League rivals Newcastle United.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/003b5d3f3d55f29e9227b4a908c3b3d5.jpg

Barnes believes Maguire would be a great signing for Newcastle United, adding that England manager Gareth Southgate loves him to play for the Three Lions.

Man United manager Erik ten Hag retained Maguire’s status as the club captain this season but reduced him to a bench role at Old Trafford.

Maguire made 31 appearances for Man United last season, with 15 of them coming off the substitute’s bench.

Speaking to India Betting, Barnes said: “I think Maguire can have a better time at Newcastle. I think so. Because, of course, you look at him when he plays for England and of course Harry always plays and Gareth Southgate loves him in the team.”

“It just has not worked for him at Man Utd and once it doesn’t work, it’s going to be difficult for the fans to back him. Once he’s got this perception, no matter how well you do for England or elsewhere, it will be difficult for him to do that at Man Utd.

“I think Maguire would be a great signing for Newcastle. He is English, he is a main player for the national side and he’d be a good signing for Newcastle if it comes off.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent