Mark Hamill Is Done Playing Luke Skywalker In Star Wars

Forum 10 months ago

Mark Hamill Is Done Playing Luke Skywalker In Star Wars

Mark Hamill is all but over portraying Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. The famed actor who became iconic for playing a heroic Jedi in George Lucas’s Star Wars franchise has spoken out about the idea of playing the character again on CBS News’s Sunday Morning.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e8ee7f8838348c4c71b3651361906d09.jpg

“Well, you never say never, but I just don’t see any reason to, let me put it that way,” said Mark Hamill. “I mean, they have so many stories to tell, they don’t need Luke anymore.” Hamill played the character from 1977 to 1983 in the original trilogy. He reprised his role in all three movies of Disney’s sequel trilogy, with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker being the most recent installment. He also portrayed Luke one more time in the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian, de-aged to look like his younger self.

When is the next Star Wars movie coming out?

It is currently unknown when the next Star Wars movie will release in theaters. It’s been over three years since the last time we got to see Star Wars on the big screen with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Fans have been excited to see what comes next, and the next film will likely be the recently announced spin-off movie with Daisy Ridley returning to the role of Rey Skywalker.

However, Star Wars fans won’t have to wait long to see more content. A new live-action series, Ahsoka, will be landing on Disney+ in August 2023, serving as a spin-off of Star Wars Rebels and The Mandalorian. Rosario Dawson will be reprising her role after playing the character in The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.

With the prevalence of CGI, it is always possible for a young Luke Skywalker to appear in Star Wars. However, we likely will no longer be seeing Mark Hamill use the Force again in an expanding galaxy filled with new characters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 4 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5

Emma Stone to Star in Movie Directed by Husband Dave McCary for Universal
Forum | 5 days ago

Emma Stone to Star in Movie Directed by Husband Dave McCary for Universal

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed
Forum | 5 days ago

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed