The Brave and the Bold Director Set for Batman DCU Movie

Forum 10 months ago

The Brave and the Bold Director Set for Batman DCU Movie

The director of the upcoming Batman movie The Brave and the Bold has been revealed.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8ee7404fa12bcb02f5da6d51dfd4647d.jpg

Andy Muschietti, director of the two It films and, most recently, The Flash, has been tapped to direct the upcoming movie set in the DC universe, according to One Take News. The film will be based on the superheroes Batman and Robin, and it will be an installment in Chapter One: Gods and Monsters in the DC Universe. The movie follows Bruce Wayne with his son Damian Wayne/Robin.

Who is in The Brave and the Bold cast?

There has been no cast announced for The Brave and the Bold. DC Chairman James Gunn has clarified that Batman will not be portrayed by Ben Affleck or Robert Pattinson in this film.

“We’re working, you know, with Robert on Batman 2,” said Gunn. “I am working with Ben Affleck who really wants to be—has been a part of our architectural team trying to bring things together, and he really wants to direct one of our projects, and we’re excited for him doing that. But this is a story of Damian Wayne, who is Batman’s actual son, who we didn’t know existed for the first eight to 10 years of his life. He was raised as a little murderer and assassin. He’s a little son of a bitch. He’s my favorite Robin, based on the Grant Morrison comic books run, which is one of my favorite Batman runs, and we are putting that all together right now.”

This is the third film in the DCU to have a director attached. James Gunn will be directing Superman: Legacy, and James Mangold will direct Swamp Thing. There is no word yet on a release date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images
Forum | 1 day ago

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 2 days ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie