Wike’s confidant now Speaker as Gov Fubara inaugurates 10th Rivers Assembly

Forum 10 months ago

Wike’s confidant now Speaker as Gov Fubara inaugurates 10th Rivers Assembly

GOVERNOR Siminialayi Fubara on Monday inaugurated the 10th Rivers State House of Assembly with Martin Amaewhule, former House Leader and confidant of the immediate past governor, Nyesom Wike, elected Speaker.

Fubara who officially dissolved the 9th Assembly before inaugurating the 10th to commence the first session at the Assembly Chambers in Port Harcourt expressed confidence and trust in the lawmakers to work in harmony with other arms of government in moving Rivers forward.

Aside from Amaewhule’s much-anticipated speakership, the 10th Rivers Assembly picked Dumle Maol as Deputy Speaker and Edison Ehie was elected Majority Leader with Major Jack emerging as Chief Whip.

Governor Fubara then proceeded in an unscheduled visit to the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) where he gave the contractor executing the varsity’s Convocation Arena sixty days to deliver or face sanctions.

The governor on inspection of the project said, “From what I’m seeing here and the contractor also assuring that in 60 days he can deliver, we will give him the benefits of doubt.

“But if in 60 days, I visit this project and don’t see it completed, it’s not going to be easy for the contractor, that’s the truth. I think they’re a bit serious compared to what we saw about two months ago.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 16 hours ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara

Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan
Forum | 1 day ago

Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting
Forum | 1 day ago

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting