Okei-Odumakin eulogises Kudirat Abiola

Forum 10 months ago

Okei-Odumakin eulogises Kudirat Abiola

The President of Women Arise, a human rights group fighting against abuse of women, Dr Joe Okei-Odumakin, has showered encomiums on the late Mrs Kudirat Abiola, wife of the winner of the annulled 1993 presidential election, Chief Moshood Abiola.

Her eulogy was to commemorate the 27th anniversary of her assassination. She was killed on June 4, 1996 while her husband, well known as MKO Abiola, was detained by the Federal Government. Till date, her killers have yet to be brought to justice.

Okei-Odumakin, in a statement on Saturday, described the late Kudirat as a hero of democracy whose values defined womanhood, humanity and dignity.

She said, “27 years ago, this June 4, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola rose to immortality. She was felled by the bullets of assassins in the uniform of state. The maximum monster reigned supreme. His shadow was cast on any who walked right in the land.

“Alhaja Kudirat Abiola walked right. She would not run. She would not flinch. She was killed for asking for justice. She was killed fighting for democracy in Nigeria. She was killed defining womanhood, dignity and humanity. We must not forget that some swam in sweat. Some bled and some died.

“Kudirat died among others who had taken seats in Valhalla. This is why it pains me that we are not very far away from the moment she paid the price.”

Okei-Odumakin implored citizens to greatly value Abiola’s commitment to justice each year on the anniversary of her murder.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
She Is Like A Sister To Me - Cute Abiola Denies Romance With Nollywood Actress, Omoborty
Forum | 4 months ago

She Is Like A Sister To Me - Cute Abiola Denies Romance With Nollywood Actress, Omoborty

Skitmaker Cute Abiola And Wife Welcome First Child (Photo)
Forum | 10 months ago

Skitmaker Cute Abiola And Wife Welcome First Child (Photo)

Adebanjo, Falana, others remember Odumakin two years after
Forum | 1 year ago

Adebanjo, Falana, others remember Odumakin two years after

“He conquered what was meant to finish him and came back stronger” Cubana Chief Priest eulogises Davido
Forum | 1 year ago

“He conquered what was meant to finish him and came back stronger” Cubana Chief Priest eulogises Davido