10th Ondo Assembly inaugurated, Oladiji emerges Speaker10th Ondo Assembly inaugurated, Oladiji emerges Speaker

Forum 10 months ago

10th Ondo Assembly inaugurated, Oladiji emerges Speaker10th Ondo Assembly inaugurated, Oladiji emerges Speaker

The 10th Ondo State House of Assembly was, on Saturday, inaugurated with the member representing Ondo East Constituency, Olamide Oladiji, emerging as Speaker.

Oladiji, a member of the All Progressives Congress was elected unopposed during the inaugural sitting of the House on Saturday.

Other principal officers of the House elected unopposed were Abayomi Akinruntan and Oluwole Ogunmolasuyi

as Deputy Speaker and Majority Leader, respectively.

Akinrutan represents Ilaje Constituency I while Ogunmolasuyi represents Owo Constituency I.

After the governor’s proclamation of the Assembly was done by the Clerk of the House, Benjamin Jaiyeola, the Speaker swore in the other 25 members.

In his inaugural speech, Oladiji who expressed appreciation to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, promised to have a cordial and productive relationship with the other arms of the state government.

“To my colleagues, this victory is for all of us. By electing me as the Speaker, you have demonstrated to the world that our legislators are living up to their dreams and aspirations.

“If we are to achieve success in this state, there must be a cordial relationship between the legislature and the executive and we are going to support the governor so that he can achieve his plans and objectives for the state.”

While congratulating the lawmakers, Akeredolu in a statement, urged them to prioritise the interest of the people of the state in the discharge of their duties.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 2 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 2 days ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law
Forum | 3 days ago

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary
Forum | 5 days ago

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary