Lukman faults Adamu, dismisses expulsion threat

Forum 10 months ago

Lukman faults Adamu, dismisses expulsion threat

The National Vice Chairman of the All Progressives Congress for North-West, Salihu Lukman, has again called out the leadership of the party for failing to address his complaints of anomalies and breach of the party’s constitution.

Lukman also said he would not be intimidated or bullied by the consistent bullying and threats to expel him from the ruling party.

The Kaduna politician made this known in a statement addressed to the National Chairman of the APC, Abdullahi Adamu, and National Secretary, Iyiola Omisore.”

The development came barely three days after Lukman accused Adamu of acting as a factional leader who subtly opposed the zoning decisions approved by the National Working Committee after due consultations with President Bola Tinubu.

He said, “Since the release of APC and Transition Politics on Wednesday, May 31, I have been accused of violating the agreements we reached at the NWC meeting of May 3 to the effect that I should stop media campaigns and use internal structures of the party to make my demands.

“First, the agreements of May 3 presuppose that structures of the party would be activated to guarantee internal contestations and debates. So far, the only structure of the party meeting is the NWC.

“When I instituted the court case on April 27, my objective was to challenge this false and dangerous attempt to block structures of the party from meeting, which can only lead to the destruction of the APC. I was determined to proceed with the case even in the face of the threat to expel me from the party. As I highlighted at that time, the NWC had no power to expel me.”

“Both Adamu and Omisore, from all available reports, appeared to be animated that I have resumed public advocacy on the need to save the APC and ensure that the structures of the party are given life in line with provisions of the APC constitution. Yes, I have resumed public advocacy because all the structures that should have permitted internal debates are being blocked from meeting,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Assassination Allegation: Sanwo-Olu’s CoS Drops Litigation Threat Against Gani Adams
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Assassination Allegation: Sanwo-Olu’s CoS Drops Litigation Threat Against Gani Adams

Spain vs Brazil: Dani Carvajal dismisses racism claims after Vinicius broke down in tears
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Spain vs Brazil: Dani Carvajal dismisses racism claims after Vinicius broke down in tears

Man Arrested For Issuing Death Threat Against EFCC Chairman Olukoyede On Instagram
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Man Arrested For Issuing Death Threat Against EFCC Chairman Olukoyede On Instagram

Terrorists Finance Themselves Through Ransom – Gumi Faults Terror Sponsors List
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Terrorists Finance Themselves Through Ransom – Gumi Faults Terror Sponsors List