Harry Kane discusses Mauricio Pochettino's Chelsea appointment

Forum 10 months ago

Harry Kane discusses Mauricio Pochettino's Chelsea appointment

Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has publicly discussed former manager Mauricio Pochettino's appointment at rivals Chelsea for the first time.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e55cddf274a6dc46dedb35e23ca4e57e.jpg

The Argentine has been named as the Blues' new head coach heading into the 2023/24 season, signing an initial two-year contract at Stamford Bridge with the option for a third.

Pochettino rose to global stardom during a five-and-a-half year stint at London rivals Spurs, notably leading them to their first ever Champions League final in 2019.

90min reported earlier this year Pochettino would be interested in a return to Tottenham, who have been on the lookout for a successor to Antonio Conte since March.

Spurs fans sang Pochettino's name at home games throughout the spring, but the club did not formally approach the 51-year-old about the job.

Speaking to Reuters, Kane wished his former manager all the best at Stamford Bridge.

"Mauricio was an amazing manager for me. Great person, great, great coach. Helped me a lot to get to where I am now. So I'm really appreciative of him," Kane said.

"Everyone has their career, everyone has their future. So all I can say is I wish him all the best. I hope he does well - just obviously not as well as us!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 6 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’