Man Utd rule Anthony Martial out of FA Cup final

Forum 10 months ago

Man Utd rule Anthony Martial out of FA Cup final

Manchester United have confirmed that Anthony Martial will miss Saturday's FA Cup final.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d365c1a398bbadf11b440dc40430aa17.jpg

The Red Devils take on rivals Manchester City at Wembley looking to add a second trophy to their 2022/23 haul and prevent their cross-town enemies from keeping their treble dreams behind.

Erik ten Hag ended his first Premier League season with a 2-1 win at home to Fulham on Sunday, but Martial did not emerge from that clash unscathed and he has now been ruled out of the FA Cup final.

A statement from Man Utd on Tuesday night reads: "Anthony Martial is out of Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup final against Manchester City due to injury.

"The France international strained his hamstring towards the end of Sunday’s 2-1 win against Fulham at Old Trafford.

"Assessments have since revealed a muscle tear that rules the 27-year-old out of the Wembley showdown."

Martial has spent much of this season on the sidelines with various injuries and failed to sustain a run of form. In 29 games in all competitions, he has scored nine goals and provided three assists.

In addition to Martial, Antony could also miss the final with an ankle problem, though he has not yet been ruled out of contention.

Lisandro Martinez, Marcel Sabitzer and Donny van de Beek's season have all been ended by injuries, however.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 18 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 20 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope
Forum | 22 hours ago

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise