We’re determined to win Super Six – Confluence Queens coach, Ogbonna

Forum 10 months ago

We’re determined to win Super Six – Confluence Queens coach, Ogbonna

The Technical Adviser of Confluence Queens, Whyte Ogbonna, has charged the New Direction Queens to make the state proud in the forthcoming Nigeria Women Professional League (NWPL) Super Six slated for Asaba, the Delta State capital, next week.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/02087b3736b1aea2771897a5cd351ad1.jpg

Confluence Queens is one of the six teams who have successfully booked the ticket for this year’s edition of the women football tournament.

Other teams include hosts, Delta Queens, Rivers Angels of Port-Harcourt, Bayelsa Queens of Yenegoa, Edo Queens of Benin and FC Robo of Lagos.

Addressing the Kogi female team on Tuesday in Lokoja, Technical Adviser, Whyte Ogbonna, insisted the girls have what it takes to compete with others for the title in Asaba.

According to him, any of the qualified teams can be this season’s champion and that should be the dream of Confluence Queens FC.

”The Super Six is around the corner, I want to enjoin you all to be fully prepared for the task ahead of us. Many people are counting on us to fly the colours of Kogi State high in Asaba, the management, our fans and the state government.

”All the teams that have qualifed including Confluence Queens have the chance to be the champion of the 2023 Nigeria Women Premier League. It’s a dream we can make a reality.

”All what we need to do, is to put in efforts and show dedication, we must leave no stone unturned,” he said.

The Rivers State born tactician also called on the management of the team and the state government to encourage the team going into the competition as usual.

”I will like to first of all, thank the management and the state government once again for their unrelenting supports towards the female team, but like Oliver twist, I also want to specially appeal for their encouragements and motivation towards the team in all ramifications.

”We have put in alot of efforts to come this far, booking the super six ticket, it’s time to make everything count and fight for the NWPL title.

”Like I do say, Confluence Queens is one of the best paid team now in Nigeria Women football and I want to let you all know that, it’s time to start challenging for the title,” Whyte concluded.

Confluence Queens are expected to depart Lokoja for Asaba on Thursday 8th June, 2023, as the tournament activities begins on Friday 9th June, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea
Forum | 5 days ago

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves