My rise to become gov should inspire all, says Ikpeazu

Forum 10 months ago

My rise to become gov should inspire all, says Ikpeazu

The immediate-past governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, concluded his eight years in office on Monday, declaring that he felt fulfilled and bears no grudges against anyone.

“All things considered, I leave office a fulfilled man.

“The son of a teacher and a nurse who rose to become Governor of Abia State and who did his best for his people. My story offers hope to all Abians. Remain diligent in your endeavours and there is no limit to the heights you can attain,” Ikpeazu said.

He added that “I bear no grudge against anyone. I harbour no ill feelings. My heart is full of gratitude. I have played my part, I have done my best. I shall remain available to offer support when called upon and without a doubt, we have laid a solid foundation for the incoming government to build upon.”

He commended the people for supporting his administration.

Meanwhile, Dr Alex Otti was sworn in on Monday as new Abia State Governor, taking over from Ikpeazu.

Otti, in his inaugural speech at the township stadium in Umuahia, promised to run a transparent and accountable government.

The governor, who was elected on the platform of the Labour Party, vowed to prioritise infrastructural development across the state, insisting that members of public would not need the media to tell them what his government is doing in the state.

Otti said, “The massive jubilation across the state on March 22, 2023, the day we were declared winners of the election, will remain vivid on my mind and spur me to work for Abians who elected me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 15 hours ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 2 days ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers