I’ll probe N241bn debt inherited from Ganduje — Kano gov

Forum 10 months ago

I’ll probe N241bn debt inherited from Ganduje — Kano gov

The new Governor of Kano State, Abba Yusuf, was sworn in Monday, expressing dismay at what he described as a huge debt profile left behind by his predecessor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

Yusuf, in his inaugural speech, vowed to probe the circumstances that led to the huge debt liability, as soon as he settles down for business.

The PUNCH reports that Ganduje was absent at the handover ceremony.

Alhaji Usman Alhaji, who represented the ex-governor, disclosed that Ganduje administration collected N1.2tn loan in the last eight years, leaving behind a total of about N241bn debt, comprising loans, contractual obligations, among others.

In his speech, the new governor said, “We will carefully study the reports and come out with our position on the debt and other matters. I am surprised that the outgoing governor is not around to hand over to me, as a democratically elected governor which has been the tradition.

“However, we will carefully study the reports and come out with our positions.”

Yusuf called on the people of the state to pray for the success of his administration to ensure it met the expectations of the governed through good democratic governance.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 20 hours ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 20 hours ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 20 hours ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency
Forum | 2 days ago

We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency