Seun Kuti reacts as AY Comedian speaks on rejecting his national honour award

Forum 10 months ago

Seun Kuti reacts as AY Comedian speaks on rejecting his national honour award

Seun Kuti has reacted to famous Nigerian stand up comedian, Ayo Makun, simply known as AY’s rant about rejecting his national honour award.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c7361411962d52bbaa7f27b16d31f44a.jpg

Ayo Makun shared a tweet addressing trolls who queried him for not rejecting the honour bestowed on him by the government.

The father of two noted that a national honour is the highest recognition anyone could get for his or her contributions to nation building, and he is more than happy to accept the honour.

He tweeted, “Those of you shaming or asking me to reject ‘A National Honour’ are clearly missing a vital point.

Our country is bigger and more important than any president or political party awarding it. National honour is the highest recognition anyone can get for his or her contributions to nation building.

So my allegiance is to a country where I have contributed my own quota, and I am more than happy to be rewarded by the same nation.”

In reaction, Seun Kuti took to Instagram to shade Ayo Makun for giving an explanation about receiving the award.

Seun Kuti iterated that the National Award is based on a nomination by a presidential committee on the approval of the president. He taunted the comedian to receive his ‘Buhari’ award.

“Let me reiterate, No be a public opinion poll them take dey choose national award na by presidential committee then the president will accept the nomination of certain people. In as much as it’s a national honour, it’s a presidential appointment. Biko, receive ur BUHARI award and stop to dey Shalaye!!!”

A few hours ago, waploaded reported that Seun Kuti tanted Nigerians, including singer Davido, filmmaker Kunle Afolayan, comedian Ayo Makun and others who received national honours from President Muhammadu Buhari.

The singer, who was recently released from prison, taunted those who received the national honours awards after continuous criticism of the government.

Seun Kuti queried if no one will reject the honours based on principles or if the government has turned a new leaf overnight.

“Half of the people criticizing this government as the worst thing ever deh go collect award for Abuja from the same government? No one will reject it on principle. Or Buhari don legit? Make una just tell me o. I dey ask for one presidential candidate like that.

Next 3 1/2 years now, we start the same dance again. What do you stand for?” Seun Kuti wrote on Instagram.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b4ffc7b732c664b9a7638bbcaf911238.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8694900e8870d672524eea876cc7d536.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 21 hours ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 21 hours ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea