Panic As Suspected Phone Snatchers Invade Kano Communities, Stab Six Residents To Death

Forum 10 months ago

Panic As Suspected Phone Snatchers Invade Kano Communities, Stab Six Residents To Death

Some thugs who are suspected to be phone snatchers have caused panic in Kano State.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/664122754acd54ca735d313c994a0996.jpeg

The thugs attacked residents in Kabara and Gwangwazo areas of Kano Municipal Local Government Area and killed six persons.

According to Waploaded, the incident happened in the early hours of Friday, May 26, 2023.

The thugs were said to have invaded the two communities, stabbing people in sight.

Eyewitnesses said some of the people killed did not know what was happening in the area as most of them were returning from morning prayers.

Aminu Auwal, one of the residents, said he had to run for his life but watched them kill one of his neighbours who was also returning from the mosque.

“I was sent by my mother to fetch water nearby, as I was standing, I saw our neighbour running and shouting for help while they were following him. They got him near where I was staying, they stabbed him to death. I had to run otherwise they would have killed me too. I doubt if they are phone snatchers. The man didn’t carry a phone and they didn’t collect anything from him,” he narrated.

Fatima Mukhtar, an elder sister to another person killed in the attack, said her younger brother was slaughtered by the thugs who eventually snatched his phone.

"We just received the bad news that he was slaughtered by thugs. We don’t know what he did to them. Apart from him, they also killed three more people here. They were buried together,” she said in tears.

Spokesman of the state police command, SP Abdullahi Haruna said the police is investigating the incident.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star
Forum | 1 hour ago

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State
Forum | 2 hours ago

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 2 hours ago

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool
Forum | 2 hours ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool