Love Scammer Convicted for Impersonation in Kaduna (Photo)

Forum 10 months ago

Love Scammer Convicted for Impersonation in Kaduna (Photo)

One Bature Japhet has been sentenced to two years imprisonment on a one count charge bordering on romance scam.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c0d2ed3a21e577f0d8dab89ad3b03af3.jpeg

Justice Darius Khobo of the Kaduna State High Court sitting in Kaduna,  on Wednesday, May 24, 2023 convicted and sentenced the young man.

The suspect was arrested by the Kaduna Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, around Karji area, in Kaduna state following intelligence on his alleged internet fraud-related activities.

The one count charge reads: “that you, Bature Japhet (aka JOHNMIKE430) on or about the 18th of April, 2023 at Karji, Kaduna, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court falsely presented yourself as JOHNMIKE430 and in such assumed character Impersonated one JOHNMIKE430 (a US citizen) via your Gmail binanceapphelp@gmail.com account and you thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 142(1) of the Kaduna State Penal Code Law, 2017”.

The defendant pleaded guilty to the charge when it was read to him.

Justice Khobo convicted and sentenced him to two years imprisonment or a fine of  N150,000.

He is to also forfeit an Apple iPhone XR to the Federal Government of Nigeria.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 1 day ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up