My Life Is Under Threat - Katsina Journalist ‘Assaulted’ By Police Cries Out

Forum 11 months ago

My Life Is Under Threat - Katsina Journalist ‘Assaulted’ By Police Cries Out

Ruqayya Aliyu Jibia, a female journalist based in Katsina state, has cried out for justice.

According to her, her life is in danger following her encounter with the police in the state.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e0a4895e9b4b56f7ecf1a2134764fd98.jpeg

Ms Aliyu, who claimed to be a reporter with Tambarin Hausa TV, took to her Tik Tok account and shared a two minutes and 50 seconds video from her place of hiding, narrating her ordeal in the hands of the police, which she said was as a result of her earlier post concerning four young girls paraded by the police as commercial sex workers.

“Few days back, the Nigerian Police, Katsina state command, paraded four suspects, young ladies between the ages of 19 to 23, claiming that they are into prostitution.

“Upon seeing that video, I recorded a Tik Tok video at my personal Tik Tok page, where I quoted a section in Nigerian Constitution which I suggested to the police that they should have taken the girls to the court until they are proven guilty before parading them to the press.

The next day, I received a call from the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Gambo Isah, inviting me to the emir’s palace that the emir wanted to see me.

“I was on my way to the emir’s palace when Gambo Isah and his boys came with four cars, blocked my way, they dragged me out of my car, and they broke my phone and I sustained injury as you can see (showing her swollen finger) and they dragged me to the emir’s palace.

“Upon reaching the emir’s palace, Gambo Isah then narrated to the emir that I was responsible for looking down on the police and undermining their authority. I am also responsible for sabotaging their work, and the emir asked Gambo Isah, or assigned them to remand me,” she narrated.

She further stated that when she was taken to court, the judge was not on seat and as such she was taken to the Area Command of the police, where she spent about five hours before her lawyer was able to secure her bail.

She said the following day she went back to the area command where she wrote her statement and was asked to return back the following day, hoping she would be taken to court but the area commander told her that she would be taken to the Command headquarters.

Ms Aliyu said her lawyer was not present on that day and she was scared to go to the command headquarters going by what transpired earlier between her and the PPRO. She therefore ran away and went into hiding.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 7 hours ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 7 hours ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 7 hours ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish