Osun school pupils hospitalised after inhaling teargas allegedly fired by police

Forum 11 months ago

Osun school pupils hospitalised after inhaling teargas allegedly fired by police

Some students of Fakunle Unity High School in Osogbo, Osun, have reportedly been hospitalized after becoming unconscious after inhaling teargas allegedly fired by men of Mopol 39 Base, located directly opposite the school premises.

A source told Punch that the school's management hurriedly shut down academic activities on Tuesday, May 23, after the incident. The source said the pupils were already in their various classes when teargas fired by the riot policemen engaging in their morning drill filtered into the premises.

Some of the pupils lost consciousness after inhaling the gas and were rushed to a private hospital located near the school for treatment, while others were taken to Osun State University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo. The school was shut down to prevent more casualties.

A parent simply identified as Gideon said;

“When I got here, I was told to check Uniosun Teaching Hospital for my daughter. The students had been sent home after about 20 of them lost consciousness after inhaling tear gas fired by the men of the Mopol base here.”

Spokesperson of the Osun State Police Command confirmed that the riot policemen were engaging in their usual morning drills. He apologised to those that were affected.

She said;

“I just spoke to the people at the Mopol base. They were just engaging in their morning drills, which involved the use of tear gas. We apologise for the inconvenience. There will be necessary adjustments in operation since the base is now close to where other people also operate their businesses.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 4 hours ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 4 hours ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 5 hours ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy
Forum | 17 hours ago

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy