Joaquin Phoenix to Lead Gay Romantic Drama From Todd Haynes

Forum 11 months ago

Joaquin Phoenix to Lead Gay Romantic Drama From Todd Haynes

Nearly a decade since the theatrical release of the acclaimed drama Carol, director Todd Haynes has finally found his next gay romantic drama project. In a recent interview with Les Inrockuptibles, Haynes has confirmed that he’s currently developing a romance movie about two men in the 1930s, with Oscar winner Joaquin Phoenix attached for the leading role.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/25d8c66c7537e5af044d4691705d6847.jpg

“Yeah, but there’s another movie I want to do in early 2024,” Haynes said. “It’s a project that Joaquin Phoenix brought to me, and it’s set in the 1930s. A love story between two men, based on an original, very audacious scenario. This is, I believe, his first gay role. I am very excited about this project!”

Joaquin Phoenix’s Upcoming Movies

Phoenix most recently starred in A24’s horror comedy Beau Is Afraid, which hails from Midsommar director Ari Aster. Afterwards, he is set to reunite with Gladiator filmmaker Ridley Scott in the upcoming biographical drama Napoleon, in which he’ll take on the titular role of the controversial historical figure. The film is scheduled to arrive in theaters this coming November 22.

In addition, Phoenix is also reprising his Oscar-winning role as Arthur Fleck in Warner Bros.’ DC Studios sequel Joker: Folie à Deux, which is once again co-written and directed by Todd Phillips. Phoenix will be joined by Grammy winner Lady Gaga, who is taking on the role of Harley Quinn. The project officially wrapped production over a month ago, just in time for its October 4, 2024 theatrical release.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 1 hour ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

Another Video Of Bullying At Lead British International School Surfaces Online
Forum | 9 hours ago

Another Video Of Bullying At Lead British International School Surfaces Online

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial
Forum | 10 hours ago

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial

The Ritual Cast: Al Pacino & Dan Stevens to Lead Exorcism Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Ritual Cast: Al Pacino & Dan Stevens to Lead Exorcism Horror Movie