Erik ten Hag reacts to David de Gea winning Golden Glove award

Forum 10 months ago

Erik ten Hag reacts to David de Gea winning Golden Glove award

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag insists that David de Gea remains a 'top keeper' after securing this season's Premier League Golden Glove award for most clean sheets.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a933b2a8c85fff0ca5db050925b9ec85.jpg

De Gea presided over a 17th league shutout of the season during United's win over Bournemouth on Saturday, playing a key role in that with a particularly fine save to deny David Brooks.

Alisson (14), Nick Pope and Aaron Ramsdale (both 13) have been the next best Premier League goalkeepers this season but cannot now catch De Gea.

It is the second Golden Glove of De Gea's career, having kept a league-high 18 clean sheets when United finished runners-up in the final table under Jose Mourinho.

Even, so De Gea has come under criticism for a number of costly mistakes this season. He was culpable for gifting West Ham their goal in a recent United defeat, while the 32-year-old also has a disastrous night as the Red Devils crashed out of the Europa League to Sevilla.

"Football is a game of mistakes and, of course, it was a really bad moment [against West Ham]," Ten Hag commented following the Bournemouth game.

"But, on the other hand, I also have to stay that we defend with 11 [players] and that's why we have so many clean sheets.

"In the end, we have a top keeper, who saves great opportunities from the opponents – so killing the game. First half [against Bournemouth], he had a great save, and second half, just before the end."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension
Forum | 5 hours ago

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 19 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 1 day ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

Forum | 1 day ago