Funke Akindele beats Toyin Abraham with a landmark in Nollywood projects

Forum 11 months ago

Funke Akindele beats Toyin Abraham with a landmark in Nollywood projects

Award-winning record-breaking Nollywood actress Funke Akindele has beaten her award-winning colleague, Toyin Abraham, with a landmark in Nollywood projects.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/362379dd70e8cbf09e2d086a4b012633.jpg

A chart made available by Top Charts revealed the income of Nollywood producers for the past years. The chart captured the likes of Mo Abudu, Ayo Makun, Jade Osiberu, Funke Akindele and Toyin Abraham, netting millions of naira.

In the chart, Funke Akindele netted over one billion naira (N1.33bn), while Toyin Abraham netted 564 million naira from her movies.

The margin between the two actresses is a landmark, and it’s no surprise as Funke is the highest-grossing Nollywood actress in Nigeria, with her movie, Battle on Buka Street, grossing over 640 million naira.

Funke Akindele makes a big announcement about her movie Battle on Buka Street

Recall that Funke Akindele made a big announcement about her latest movie, Battle on Buka Street. The box office record-breaking actress disclosed that her movie will soon be available for viewers who are not able to watch it at the cinema.

Sharing a clip from the movie, Funke Akindele disclosed that she would be bringing Battle on Buka Street to her fans’ homes soon.

The award-winning actress is yet to disclose the date, timing and platform she would be releasing her latest movie.

Funke Akindele breaks Nigerian records again

Waploaded recalls that Funke Akindele broke another record in the Nigerian film industry. She beat her own records for the highest-grossing film at the Nigeria box office.

A post shared by Film One revealed that Funke Akindele’s latest movie, Battle on Buka Street, broke the record of her 2020 released film, Omo Ghetto The Saga.

Battle on Buka Street netted 640 million naira at the box office, beating Omo Ghetto the Saga of 636 million naira.

Filmone on Instagram noted that the only competition the actress had was with herself.

It wrote: If the only competition you have is yourself was a person, it is clearly @funkejenifaakindele

What a Woman! What a Movement! What a Movie! What an Achievement!

Not once but twice she has set a record, and she has broken her record.

We present to you the “Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie Of All Time” /𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐧 𝐁𝐮𝐤𝐚 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭.

Thank you, Nigeria 🇳🇬 we definitely couldn’t have done this without you. @funkejenifaakindele, here is to breaking more records 🥂

Thank you to the incredible cast and crew that made this movie possible. We appreciate you.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a55eb9e2999d23228e543290205fa1c9.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment
Forum | 6 days ago

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others
Forum | 1 week ago

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others

Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks
Forum | 1 week ago

Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks