“United we stand” Yeni Kuti, Femi Kuti, and other Kutis declare strong support for Seun Kuti

Forum 11 months ago

“United we stand” Yeni Kuti, Femi Kuti, and other Kutis declare strong support for Seun Kuti

The Kutis, including Yeni Kuti, Femi Kuti, Funke Kuti, and Made Kuti, have declared strong support for their brother, Seun Kuti, who was arrested for assault of a police officer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0d77874ca4b006e36ea9706c19da087e.jpg

Yeni Kuti shared a photo of her brother and her nephew, Made, standing for Seun during his court proceedings. Sharing the photos, Yeni revealed they are always united. She wrote, “United we stand!!! @bigbirdkuti @femiakuti @madekuti @funkekut.”

Also, Femi Kuti, during his first concert in France, campaigned for his brother’s release. He claimed he won’t be saying much about his arrest because he did not want to fuel the ire of the police

“freeseunkuti @femiakuti at his first concert in France! United we stand. One family.”

Recall that Seun Kuti was arrested on Monday by the Nigerian police for manhandling one of its officers. This came after he was filmed assaulting an officer on the third mainland bridge in Lagos state.

A short video clip went viral on Saturday showing Kuti, who wore a red shirt and white pair of trousers, pushing a policeman, who stood beside a Toyota Hilux police van.

The singer then proceeded to slap the officer while shouting, “You dey craze, you dey mad?”

The footage stirred a chorus of condemnation on social media as users expressed disappointment at Kuti’s actions. The outrage prompted Usman Alkali Baba, the inspector-general of police (IGP), to order the arrest of Seun.

In a statement, Benjamin Hundeyin, Lagos police PRO, said the inspector-general also directed that a probe be carried out to ascertain the facts of the case.

“The IGP has equally ordered a speedy and full investigation into the remote and immediate cause(s) of the assault and prosecution of the suspect accordingly,” Hundeyin said.

“IGP Usman Alkali Baba assures Nigerians that acts of contempt/disdain for symbols of authority will not be tolerated while offenders of such hideous crimes will be surely brought to book.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

It’s Shameful For EFCC to Declare Yahaya Bello Wanted – Activist, Israel Joe
Forum | 2 days ago

It’s Shameful For EFCC to Declare Yahaya Bello Wanted – Activist, Israel Joe

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 2 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri