Repentant Boko Haram Fighter Arrested For Stealing

Forum 10 months ago

Repentant Boko Haram Fighter Arrested For Stealing

Baba-Goni Mohammed Ibrahim, a repentant Boko Haram insurgent, has been nabbed.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e42ef05e51753b9e8bd2dd8b2099d8e4.jpg

The Boko Haram fighter is one of the 110 suspects paraded, Friday, May 19, by the Borno State Police Command for committing various crimes.

Parading the suspects to newsmen, the State Commissioner of Police, Abdu Umar, said, “Some repentant Boko Haram insurgents hide under joblessness to commit crimes.”

Baba-Goni was arrested for stealing eight wrappers and a few other wearing apparel belonging to one Hajiya Lami of Mashidmari ward of Maiduguri metropolis, who employed him as a house-help.

Explaining to newsmen, Baba-Goni, who repented from terrorism “three years ago”, could not state the exact time Hajiya Lami employed him.

He, however, said, “She employed me over four months ago,” adding, I worked for her for those months but she never paid me for even a month; so I stole her wrappers as compensation for the unpaid salary.”

CP Umar said the 110 suspects, who were arrested for various crimes including armed robbery, rape, handset snatching and kidnapping, would be charged in court after a thorough investigation.

He said the command would not relent in its effort to rid Borno State of all crimes to guarantee a peaceful society.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 16 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat
Forum | 20 hours ago

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat

Six Suspected Electricity Transformer Vandals Arrested In Yobe
Forum | 22 hours ago

Six Suspected Electricity Transformer Vandals Arrested In Yobe

12 Miscreants Arrested For Sleeping Under Ikate-Elegushi Bridge In Lagos
Forum | 23 hours ago

12 Miscreants Arrested For Sleeping Under Ikate-Elegushi Bridge In Lagos