James Gunn Makes Superman: Legacy Bet, Fan Offers to Eat Shoe

Forum 10 months ago

James Gunn Makes Superman: Legacy Bet, Fan Offers to Eat Shoe

DC Studios Co-CEO James Gunn spoke to a fan on Twitter and made a bet revolving around Batman, Superman, and a shoe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0e26795c814cd0fc772c314fe352f30c.jpg

What Superman: Legacy bet did James Gunn make?

On his Twitter account, Gunn spoke with a user named Connor who offered to eat one shoe if Batman and Superman sit across from each other and chat in a diner, two shoes if they talk about how each would solve the other’s problems, and three shoes if Batman interrupts Superman with the phrase “because I’m Batman.”

Gunn replied, stating it’s “good to know” and that he would get back to Connor in a few years, implying the director is considering implementing such scenes in future DC Universe movies.

Connor followed up by saying that if Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman all eat fast food together on a rooftop in a future DCU movie, he’d get a tattoo of a shoe with a bite missing. This time, Gunn responded saying he doesn’t care about a tattoo but does “want to see someone eat a shoe.”

“Superman: Legacy tells the story of Superman’s journey to reconcile his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing as Clark Kent of Smallville, Kansas,” reads the movie’s official synopsis. “He is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way, guided by human kindness in a world that sees kindness as old-fashioned.”

Production is expected to begin in early 2024, just on track for its currently scheduled theatrical release on July 11, 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 10 hours ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent
Forum | 20 hours ago

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor
Forum | 1 day ago

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor