Lawmaker lauds FG’s approval of Ondo seaport

Forum 10 months ago

Lawmaker lauds FG’s approval of Ondo seaport

The senator representing Ondo South in the Senate, Nicholas Tofowomo, has joined other Nigerians in congratulating Ondo State on the Federal Government’s approval for the establishment of a deep seaport in the state.

The Federal Executive Council had given the approval for the operating licence for the port at the FEC meeting held at the State House in Abuja.

In a statement issued on Thursday, by his media aide, Mr Olumide Akinrinlola, the senator credited the approval of the deep seaport by the Federal Government to the reward of a collective effort made by all the stakeholders.

According to the federal lawmaker, the process of establishment of the seaport project started during the immediate past administration of Dr Olusegun Mimiko while the dream came to reality during the current administration in the state.

He explained that as a senator, he made rigorous efforts in the Senate to make the bill on the seaport sail through in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Tofowomo said, “My ministry started the job as a former commissioner for transport in Ondo State under the administration of Dr Olusegun Mimiko and I continued with it by proposing a legislative bill to establish the seaport as a senator of the 9th assembly.

“The bill scaled through second reading on June 30, 2021, and also passed the test of a public inquiry. This pleasant news is the reward of our collective efforts.”

While congratulating the state government and the people of the state on the presidential approval of the project, Ondo South Senator noted that the approved deep sea port would play a big role in decongesting seaports in Lagos State.

“The port would decongest the congestion in Lagos and create employment for thousands of people and make the clearing of goods faster. The coastal line would be developed and improve trade commerce and industry.”

“I thank God that our prayers have been answered. I appreciate the state government for the renewed effort and I also thank the federal government for heeding our cry in Ondo South, ” the statement said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kebbi Lawmaker Suspended Over Plot Against Assembly Leadership
Forum | 2 days ago

Kebbi Lawmaker Suspended Over Plot Against Assembly Leadership

Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success
Forum | 3 days ago

Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success

Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olojoda Dies A Month To His First Anniversary
Forum | 4 days ago

Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olojoda Dies A Month To His First Anniversary