No Anti-corruption Agency Can Probe Me - Rotimi Amaechi

Forum 8 years ago

No Anti-corruption Agency Can Probe Me - Rotimi Amaechi

The immediate past Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, has said that no anti-corruption agency in the country can probe him at the moment.

Amaechi’s former Chief of Staff, Tony Okocha, told Punch that the ex-governor was not afraid of ICPC or the EFCC as long as their probe was not a witch-hunt sponsored by the opposition.

But anybody who wants to probe Amaechi must first vacated a court order stopping the investigation or probe of any Rivers Stat Government official.

He stated that Governor Nyesom Wike was a beneficiary of such order from the court, adding that until the court injunction was vacated, it would be illegal for the ICPC to probe his boss.

“I have always said that Amaechi is not afraid of the EFCC or the ICPC as long as such probe is not a witch-hunt. Again, there is a court order that the EFCC or other agency like it cannot probe any government official in the state. Wike is a beneficiary of that court order.

“Until that court order is vacated, the ICPC or the EFCC have no right to investigate Amaechi. Since what they are going to investigate is his (Amaechi’s) activities while in government, the EFCC and the ICPC do not have such right to do so based on the standing court order,” Okocha said.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Kogi Senator, Natasha Endorses EFCC’s Probe Of Yahaya Bello On N80.2bn Fraud
Forum | 1 week ago

Kogi Senator, Natasha Endorses EFCC’s Probe Of Yahaya Bello On N80.2bn Fraud

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 1 week ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello