Barcelona's transfer options as fairytale Lionel Messi return nears

Forum 11 months ago

Barcelona's transfer options as fairytale Lionel Messi return nears

Barcelona's transfer window could be full of thrills, spills and unmissable drama, with Lionel Messi's potential blockbuster return setting the news agenda across the world.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a770304fa10d0ebced109005cea7345b.jpg

The 35-year-old has been in Paris for a couple of years trying to fire PSG to glory in the Champions League, but alongside Kylian Mbappe and Neymar, he has failed to match the expectations of the club's board and supporters.

A third optional year will not be taken up in Messi's contract, opening the possibility of a dream return to Barcelona, or a potential money-spinning jaunt to Saudi Arabia - a country the World Cup winner has links to already in an ambassadorial capacity.

Messi's homecoming would inevitably be the marquee signing for Barcelona as they prepare to build on this season's La Liga title success, but there's other irons in the fire as Xavi bids to return Barça to Europe's top table.

Personal terms have already been agreed with Athletic Club's Inigo Martinez, with the central defender out of contract at the end of the season and able to join on a free transfer, and there's a number of other players being linked with the arrivals lounge at Camp Nou.

Here's 90min's spin through of how things stand.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 12 hours ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 12 hours ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie