I Almost Cried – Nigerian Journalist Recounts How Burna Boy Snubbed Her at Met Gala (Video)

Forum 11 months ago

I Almost Cried – Nigerian Journalist Recounts How Burna Boy Snubbed Her at Met Gala (Video)

A Nigerian journalist, Kachi Offiah has recounted how she was snubbed by Grammy-award winning Nigerian singer, Burna Boy at the 2023 Met Gala in New York.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1d598dc005705b50eda33a15de50ddfd.jpg

Recall that Burna Boy made his debut at the world’s most prestigious and glamorous fashion event, Met Gala on May 1, 2023.

Offiah said she was the only Nigerian reporter at the event but when she approached the Nigerian superstar for an interview, she was “snubbed” by the singer.

She disclosed this on Arise 360 music programme recently.

She said, “I’m not gonna lie, at that very moment [after Burna Boy’s snub] I was gonna cry. First of all, I tell you why, I looked hello stupid calling this man Odogwu [laughs]. And then he just walked right pass me like I was some crazy lady from Africa that doesn’t understand who he was.

“I’m sure people were probably thinking, who in the world is odogwu?”

However, in the video clip, Burna Boy smiled at her when she requested to interview him.

Burna Boy said, “Honestly, I have got to go.”

After the singer walked away, the journalist said to the camera, “Guys, we got to remember this one, Burna Boy really snubbed Nigeria like don’t forget that.”

Video:

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 1 day ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 2 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 2 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy
Forum | 3 days ago

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy