"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Gov’ship polls: Kogi Govt cautions against ethnicity, divisive tendencies

Forum 1 year ago

Gov’ship polls: Kogi Govt cautions against ethnicity, divisive tendencies

As Kogi residents prepare for the Nov. 11 governorship election, the state government has cautioned politicians against promoting ethnic sentiments and other divisive tendencies.

Mr Kingsley Fanwo, information and communication commissioner, in a statement in Lokoja on Sunday, urged residents not to succumb to the “antics of mischief makers and ethnic bigots”.

“Such bigots are out to stoke the flames of ethnic resentment, division and hate. They are agents of political desperadoes.

“Kogi government is so concerned over the activities of those desperate individuals bent on destroying the unity and peace being enjoyed by the state.

“Their unintelligent approach has been to push ethnically divisive words and attribute same to Gov Yahaya Bello in order to incite certain ethnic groups against his person and his administration.

“By God’s grace, we, the people of Kogi, will not fall to their antics. Clearly, those inciting statements are false and are dragging our state back to the conquered era of ethnic chauvinism.

“What binds us together is stronger than the desperate wishes of the enemies of the state,” he declared.

He explained that Bello’s polices, programmes, projects, appointments and unifying leadership credentials had succeeded in building the state into what politics should not balkanize.

According to him, Kogi remains a united and prosperous state.

“Kogi is a united state. Members of the public should ignore those inciting falsehoods and report those who circulate them to law enforcement agencies for prompt action.

“People responsible for such incitements do not have the interest of the state at heart,” he said.

Fanwo added that Bello would continue to work hard to improve the livelihood of the people and keep them united irrespective of religion, ethnicity and political beliefs. (NAN)

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BREAKING: Two more Wike loyalists quit govt as Fubara loses 5 commissioners in one day
Forum | 9 hours ago

BREAKING: Two more Wike loyalists quit govt as Fubara loses 5 commissioners in one day

CUSTECH: 6 more students released from abductor’s den – Kogi govt
Forum | 1 day ago

CUSTECH: 6 more students released from abductor’s den – Kogi govt

My father never campaigned for me, Gov Sani is my mentor – El-Rufai’s son
Forum | 1 day ago

My father never campaigned for me, Gov Sani is my mentor – El-Rufai’s son

Akpabio, Gov Eno realigns for 2027 re-election bid
Forum | 1 day ago

Akpabio, Gov Eno realigns for 2027 re-election bid