Bauchi election tribunal receives 45 petitions

Forum 11 months ago

Bauchi election tribunal receives 45 petitions

The Bauchi State Election Petition Tribunal has received 45 petitions from aggrieved candidates and political parties on the concluded Governorship, National and State House of Assembly elections.

This is contained in the list of petitions pasted at the tribunal and sighted by a correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), who visited the court on Thursday.

According to the document, four of the petitions are challenging the declaration of Gov. Bala Mohammed as winner of the March 18 governorship election in the state.

The petitioners include: the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) and its governorship candidate, Sen. Halliru Jika, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its governorship candidate, former Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar.

Others were the Allied Peoples’ Movement (APM) and the People’s Redemption Party (PRP) and its governorship candidate, Ahmed Umar-Farouk.

Also, 26 of the petitions were for the State House of Assembly election, 10 for the House of Representatives and five for senatorial elections conducted on March 18 and Feb. 25, respectively.

It showed that the tribunal received petitions in respect of Shira/Giade; Katagum, Zaki, Jama’are/Itas, Ningi/Warji and Bauchi Federal Constituencies elections.

Others were Ganjuwa/Darazo; Misau/Dambam, Alkaleri/Kirfi and Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa Gederal Constituencies elecions.

While three petitions were challenging the Bauchi North Senatorial District election, one each for the Bauchi Central and Bauchi South Senatorial District elections, respectively.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

Forum | 1 week ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Forum | 2 weeks ago