Premier League confirms April Manager of the Month nominees

Forum 1 year ago

Premier League confirms April Manager of the Month nominees

The Premier League has released its shortlist of five bosses for its Barclays Manager of the Month award for April.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c8ed44b221f53fdac3d593f1cb8229df.jpg

Unai Emery, Pep Guardiola, Roy Hodgson, Eddie Howe and Gary O'Neil have all been nominated in recognition of their teams' positive results over the past four weeks or so.

Aston Villa boss Emery is a hot favourite for the accolade, having steered the Villans to five wins and a draw before losing at Manchester United on Sunday.

Guardiola's Manchester City have taken the driving seat in the title race and the Catalan's role has been recognised. Five wins from five league games helped City chase down leaders Arsenal, who are now a point behind having played a match more.

Hodgson's return to Crystal Palace has been almost too good to believe, guiding the Eagles away from the relegation zone with four wins from six games, playing some fantastic football in the process.

Howe's Newcastle are set to confirm the return of Champions League football to St James' Park after picking up 18 points from a possible 21 in April. One memorable win in particular was the 6-1 thumping of Tottenham.

O'Neil has led Bournemouth away from relegation worries and into the comfort of mid-table, picking up crucial wins against Leicester, Spurs, Southampton and Leeds.

There was no space on the shortlist for Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, who has won the award four times so far this season. His Gunners side picked up six points from five April games.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: We helped them – Wolves manager O’Neil speaks on 5-1 defeat to Man City
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: We helped them – Wolves manager O’Neil speaks on 5-1 defeat to Man City

Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude
Forum | 2 days ago

Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour