Erik ten Hag discusses Man Utd's summer transfer budget

Forum 1 year ago

Erik ten Hag discusses Man Utd's summer transfer budget

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has admitted he is currently unsure how much he will have to spend on transfers this summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/53826fb35ce93e60435653ca89e1d351.jpg

The Red Devils have made great progress under the Dutchman in his first season at Old Trafford - they look likely to secure qualification back to the Champions League and could end the season with two trophies.

During his first summer window, Ten Hag was backed with big-money signings of Lisandro Martinez, Casemiro, Antony and Tyrell Malacia, while Christian Eriksen joined on a free transfer from Brentford.

Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer arrived on loan in January to add depth to the squad, but further reinforcements are needed if Man Utd are to truly challenge for the top honours again.

Amid fresh reports that Man Utd could have £100m plus player sales to spend in the summer - regardless of whether the Glazers own the club or not - Ten Hag was asked about his upcoming transfer budget at a press conference on Wednesday.

"I don't have influence on that," he said of the budget. "I don't know.

"The only thing I know is that Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs, among maybe the two biggest clubs in the world from a fanbase perspective.

"So, I think this club has to compete for the highest in the world, so Champions League, Premier League.

"But in football you need funds to construct squads because the level from your players makes you successful or not."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

EPL: Ian Wright slams Carragher for disrespecting Man United midfielder
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Ian Wright slams Carragher for disrespecting Man United midfielder

Transfer: Manchester United set to offload two players, eyeing £100m
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Manchester United set to offload two players, eyeing £100m