EPL: They’ve to beat Madrid – Teddy Sheringham rates Man City’s chance of winning treble

Forum 1 year ago

EPL: They’ve to beat Madrid – Teddy Sheringham rates Man City’s chance of winning treble

Former Manchester United striker, Teddy Sheringham believes Manchester City are ‘looking good’ to win a treble of their own this season, insisting that they have to beat Real Madrid.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a3cd37b25b77ffe6fe46d3eba62e461f.jpg

Sheringham, however, warned Man City that anything can happen.

With the season coming to an end, Man City are on course to do what only few clubs in Europe have done before and win a continental treble.

Pep Guardiola’s men are the heavy favourites to win the Premier League title ahead of Arsenal; they also reached the FA Cup final and Champions League semi-final.

Asked if he was concerned that Man City could emulate Man United’s unique success, Sheringham told Lord Ping: “I am not worried about City winning the treble.

“This City side is phenomenal. They are a phenomenal team and they deserve to be up there competing for it.

“There is still a long way to go. You have still got to get the rub of the green.

“They have to beat Real Madrid in the Champions League. Little things can happen in football and everything changes. Manchester City are there; they have given themselves a chance.

“Obviously, I am hoping that the treble is one step too far for them, but with every match that goes by that prospect becomes less of a reality. It is looking good for them at the moment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo