EPL: He’s right – Guardiola claims Allardyce is better manager than him

Forum 11 months ago

EPL: He’s right – Guardiola claims Allardyce is better manager than him

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola has said Sam Allardyce is “right” about his claims about being a better coach.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d10d653379f08a9700311543d8a29d00.jpg

During his unveiling on Wednesday at Leeds United, Allardyce insisted no manager is “ahead of him in football terms”.

Big Sam has just four games to save the Yorkshire club from relegation and his first game will be against Guardiola.

“I may be 68 and look old but there’s nobody ahead of me in football terms, not Pep (Guardiola), not (Jurgen) Klopp, not (Mikel) Arteta, so it’s all there with me,” Allardyce said.

In response to these claims, Guardiola speaking after a 3-0 win over West Ham later in the day, said: “He’s right. Look what happened with Neil Warnock at Huddersfield. These incredible managers.

“It looks like the young managers, with the tactics and whatever…but they are really good, they help us be who we are. They have incredible experience.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham