King of the Hill Revival Time Jump Confirmed by Voice Actor

Forum 11 months ago

King of the Hill Revival Time Jump Confirmed by Voice Actor

Not too much is known about the upcoming King of the Hill revival at Hulu. But according to actor Stephen Root, the series will feature a jump forward in time.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ada271bed97e6d54e8f2f93221e3ad0e.jpg

When Will the King of the Hill Revival Take Place?

Speaking to Screen Rant, Root — who plays Bill Dauterive, Buck Strickland, and other voices on King of the Hill — said that table reads for the revival began sometime in April. He also mentioned that as far as he knows, the series will jump ahead to an unspecified point in the future.

“I think we’re going to time jump in this a little bit so that Bobby’s going to be older, and it’s going to be interesting. We’re starting table reads in April, so I’m so looking forward to it,” said Root.

Root also gave some insight into the character of Dauterive. The actor was asked what he thinks the character is up to, and what he thinks he prefer more: cutting hair (his job in the series) or barbecue, which the character also took an interest in.

“I think Bill, as the stumblebum that he is, is actually an excellent haircutter,” Root said. “But I think his Louisiana roots make him probably the better barbecue maker. I would have to say the barbecue at this point. If Bill could even remember his name!”

The King of the Hill revival will once again be executive produced by Daniels and Judge, with the latter also returning to voice his role as Hank Hill. The project is produced by 20th Television Animation and Bandera Entertainment.

It will also be executive produced by Dustin Davis along with original producers 3 Arts’ Michael Rottenberg and Howard Klein. This isn’t the first time that Hulu has greenlit an animated Fox revival, as the streamer previously ordered the upcoming reboot of Futurama.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Cast Finds Its Shadow the Hedgehog Voice Actor
Forum | 2 days ago

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Cast Finds Its Shadow the Hedgehog Voice Actor

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry
Forum | 3 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry