Jurgen Klopp confirms extent of his own hamstring injury

Forum 1 year ago

Jurgen Klopp confirms extent of his own hamstring injury

Jurgen Klopp has revealed the extent of the hamstring problem he picked up during Liverpool's 4-3 win against Tottenham on Sunday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/00b17d1ccdaf0d947d7731e73ce2eacb.jpg

The Reds raced into an early three-goal lead at Anfield, suggesting that Spurs were about to be on the end of a hiding for a second week running. But the visitors came back swinging, first as Harry Kane pulled one back before half-time and then as Son Heung-min netted after twice being denied by the post, setting up a nervy finish in the process.

There was controversy regarding Oliver Skipp and Diogo Jota avoiding red cards for incidents in either half as the pressure ramped up at Anfield, before Richarlison scored a stoppage-time equaliser for Tottenham - only for Lucas Moura to gift wrap a winner for Jota moments later.

Following Jota's goal, Klopp sprinted to fourth official John Brooks and shouted in his face - having disagreed with a number of decisions from referee Paul Tierney - but hobbled away from the altercation having hilariously pulled his hamstring.

At a press conference ahead of Wednesday's clash with Fulham, Klopp was asked about how his injury was holding up.

"No scan or ultrasound needed. I have a 2C, which if I was a player would be six weeks out," the German quipped.

In Frank Lampard 'no but seriously' fashion, Klopp then provided injury updates Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita and Jota, the latter of whom has been in a purple patch of form of late.

“In our situation Bobby is out and Diogo struggles," Klopp said.

“He got, in the West Ham game, a knock in the back, a bruised rib, could not train before the [Tottenham] game but could play without an injection or whatever, but got another knock immediately when he came on.

“You might have seen the celebrations of Diogo, he was sitting down pretty slowly. He didn’t train since then so that is one that is a doubt… he is a doubt at least but I hope he can recover until tomorrow night.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos
Forum | 1 day ago

Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate
Forum | 3 days ago

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea

EPL: Guardiola confirms injury blow after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Guardiola confirms injury blow after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest