Government installs monarch, sues for peace

Forum 11 months ago

Government installs monarch, sues for peace

The Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has called for support for the Ojomu of Lakowe Kingdom, His Royal Majesty, Oba Hakeem Ojomu.

Sanwo-Olu made the call at the final coronation ceremony of the monarch held at Iwerekun Community Secondary School, Lakowe, Ibeju Lekki. This was disclosed in a statement issued by the state government on Sunday.

Represented by the Special Adviser on Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives, Abiola Olowu, the governor commended the people for ensuring peace in the area since the formal presentation of Staff of Office to the monarch.

He then appealed to the community on the need to collaborate with his administration to sustain the Greater Lagos project.

“The enthronement of Oba Ojomu is a testimony to the love you all have for him. I charge you to rally around Kabiyesi to ensure his successful reign,” Sanwo-Olu stated.

He also prayed that the time of the new monarch would bring unprecedented peace and progress to the kingdom.

In his remarks, the Ojomu of Lakowe Kingdom thanked Sanwo-Olu for approving a monarch for Lakowe and other kingdoms in Ibeju-Lekki, saying the step was unprecedented in the state.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tinubu’s Government Has Not Borrowed From CBN – Finance Minister
Forum | 4 days ago

Tinubu’s Government Has Not Borrowed From CBN – Finance Minister

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 1 week ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen
Forum | 1 week ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Renewed for Season 2 at Apple TV+, Spin-offs Underway
Forum | 1 week ago

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Renewed for Season 2 at Apple TV+, Spin-offs Underway