"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Police arrest suspected local gun fabricator in Osun

Forum 1 year ago

Police arrest suspected local gun fabricator in Osun

Osun State Police Command on Friday said it arrested one Kazeem Folaji, suspected to be fabricating a gun locally.

The state has been battling with the proliferation of local guns which enhanced rival cutlass with many death from gunshots.

Briefing newsmen at the Police Command Headquarters in Osogbo, the spokesperson, SP Yemisi Opalola said the command decided to clamp down on local gun fabricators and runners.

She said the suspect was arrested in Ejigbo with a fabricated gun which he claimed was made by his associate now in prison.

“We have arrested a lot of people in the state with firearms. That is what led to the arrest of this 35-year-old man, he was arrested around 12:30 am in Ejigbo. We recovered firearms and keys from him.

“He told us that the person that use to fabricate firearms has been taken to prison but he kept some of the firearms”, she added.

Meanwhile, the suspect said he is into the fabrication of keys but has never been involved in fabricating keys and hoes for residents that required help.

“I was arrested on Sunday night in my house and they took me to the shop and saw guns and keys. I make keys, hoes and cutlasses. The police said they were made guns in my shop but I am not the one that made it, the person that was making them had been arrested. The ones recovered from my shop were made by him and returned by his customers to my shop because our shop is closer to each other.

“The only mistake I made was to receive the guns on his behalf, please forgive me. I don’t know how to make guns, I only make keys for people that lost their house, or car keys. I ensure that I don’t make keys for thieves because I verify the authenticity of my customers. Police even engage me to make handcuff keys for them. I want them to have mercy on me”, he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police arrest foreigner, 2 others over alleged kidnapping in Delta
Forum | 8 hours ago

Police arrest foreigner, 2 others over alleged kidnapping in Delta

Police parade wanted ex-Oyo transport union boss, Auxiliary
Forum | 9 hours ago

Police parade wanted ex-Oyo transport union boss, Auxiliary

VeryDarkMan urges police to release father who shares obscene images of daughter
Forum | 1 day ago

VeryDarkMan urges police to release father who shares obscene images of daughter

Hilarious moment Portable jumps gate to evade arrest after owing N14 million
Forum | 1 day ago

Hilarious moment Portable jumps gate to evade arrest after owing N14 million