Photos: Only God Can Kill Me – Nigerian Girl Who Service Clients For Money In Russia Tells Her Story

Forum 8 years ago

Photos: Only God Can Kill Me – Nigerian Girl Who Service Clients For Money In Russia Tells Her Story

A Nigerian girl decided to go to Russia to earn money for her education but was tricked into prostitution by a local gang.

Blessing, 24, is another girl who spent two years in Russian city Voronezh cooking, babysitting and serving clients for money.

“‘Who told you that there is a good job for you in Russia? Prostitution is the only job you can do here,’ it was the first thing I was told by my future female pimp when I arrived in Russia,”Blessing said.

Nigerian girl, Blessing, is a victim of human trafficking in Russia. Photo credit: Tatiana Egorova/Colta

According to Blessing, she studied Fashion Design in Nigeria, however, she didn’t have money to continue her studies. When one of her
friends suggested to go to Russia and earn some money, Blessing agreed.

“My Nigerian friend disappeared when we arrived in Russia. Later, I found out that she died.
My pimp said I had to work as a prostitute to return $45,000 that they allegedly spent on my air tickets and other stuff.

“When I said “No”, they started to beat me up. Two years have pa$$ed but I still have visible scars.

“If I only knew earlier that there were people who can help me, I would have returned in Nigeria long ago. I didn’t know there was a way out. My parents and brothers know what happened to me. They are waiting for my return,”Blessing said.

[ads4]
Blessing, 24, went to Russia to earn money for her further education. Photo credit: Tatiana Egorova/Colta

When girls refuse to serve clients, the pimp beats them up till they obey the orders. If they still refuse to obey, the pimp kicks them out without pa$$ports and money to live. As girls are far away from their homes and families without any support, they usually give up all attempts to run away.

“I was told that if I refused to work as other girls, they would have killed me. But I replied that only God can kill me,”Blessing concluded.

According to a Russian photographer, Tatiana Egorova, who met Blessing and other rescued girls several days before their departure to Nigeria, Blessing is already at home with her family. Though the photographer doesn’t know how the 24-year-old girl is coping with her life now.

Nigerian girls who became victims of human trafficking in Russia. Photo credit: Tatiana Egorova/Colta

In Nigeria, the main reasons of human trafficking – mostly selling women and children for commercial $exual exploitation – are poverty,
social inequality and unemployment. Almost all international trade in Nigeria is concentrated in Benin City, the capital of Edo state. Lots of Nigerian families send their daughters in Europe to escape poverty.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 7 hours ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 7 hours ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 11 hours ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 12 hours ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu