Frank Lampard rules two key Chelsea stars out for season

Forum 11 months ago

Frank Lampard rules two key Chelsea stars out for season

Chelsea interim manager Frank Lampard has stated that Reece James and Mason Mount are unlikely to play again this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b7c6ccb1e492aa9d47d3ba5343119395.jpg

The Blues are stumbling towards the end of a torrid first campaign under the ownership of Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital.

Lampard is the fourth head coach they have had in their dugout this term, and 90min understands that Mauricio Pochettino is closing in on landing the permanent job.

Chelsea's disappointing season continues on Wednesday with the visit of west London neighbours Brentford, though Lampard revealed in his pre-match press conference that his side will have to solider on without academy graduates James and Mount.

"Reece James is unavailable, probably for the season," Lampard began.

"Mason Mount, the same. Potential [to return] for the last game of the season but probably not. That's obviously disappointing for us."

Lampard added: "They're big players. Reece had a hamstring injury that he picked up in the midweek game [against Real Madrid], got through the game but scanned it the following day.

"Mason has been carrying this pelvic injury for quite a while, definitely predates myself [after being named caretaker manager]. He's been trying, the medical staff have been trying, but we've got to the stage now where he'll have minor surgery and then probably a four week recovery, which we all know where that gets us to."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 8 hours ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’
Forum | 8 hours ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 8 hours ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 13 hours ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment