Wout Weghorst admits goading Solly March into missing crucial FA Cup penalty

Forum 11 months ago

Wout Weghorst admits goading Solly March into missing crucial FA Cup penalty

Manchester United striker Wout Weghorst admitted trying to get into Solly March’s head before the Brighton player missed from the spot in the FA Cup semi-final penalty shootout at Wembley.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/33b99d675da8fe5e740e0ebc4626a77b.jpg

March took Brighton’s seventh penalty, which proved costly when Victor Lindelof scored afterwards to send United back to Wembley for the final in early June.

The 28-year-old, who has had an outstanding season for the Seagulls, took the penalty after Weghorst had converted. The United striker was seen to pass on some words that he thinks may have contributed to March missing the target.

Weghorst explained that he had suggested to his teammates that they should all try and knock the Brighton players off their game, but he was the only one to actually do it.

"I already said to some of our guys do it before we started," the Dutchman admitted. "But nobody did it. I scored, saw the ball and tried to get a few advantages to maybe help us win it."

Weghorst even revealed he actually felt sorry for March in the end because he was ultimately the only player of 14 from either team who didn’t scored in the tense shootout.

"I walked to him and said some things but at the end, I went to him because I felt sorry because that was the one that missed. I just tried everything and normally it doesn't make a difference but maybe it did," the United player said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Missing 7-year-old Boy Found Dead In Kano
Forum | 4 days ago

Missing 7-year-old Boy Found Dead In Kano

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 6 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton

Ozil reveals only club missing in his football career
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ozil reveals only club missing in his football career