Luke Shaw admits new Man Utd role is 'not easy'

Forum 1 year ago

Luke Shaw admits new Man Utd role is 'not easy'

Luke Shaw has admitted playing at centre-back for Manchester United is 'not easy' after the club's semi final triumph over Brighton in the FA Cup.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/757c10e019399df7d81c13d322e3951f.jpg

The natural left-back was drafted in to play at the heart of the Red Devils' defence due to Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez's injuries, as well as Harry Maguire's domestic suspension.

Having played the role on a few occasions already this season, Shaw looked extremely comfortable alongside Victor Lindelof in central defence in the eventual penalty shootout win at Wembley Stadium, helping keep an impressive Brighton attacking lineup at bay for over 120 minutes.

Despite looking like a natural in the role, speaking to the press after the game, Shaw admitted to finding the positional change to be a challenge, stating: "Obviously it's not easy [playing at centre-back]. If it was in a three, it's a bit different. But when it's two, it's a lot different, to be honest.

"But whenever I play there, I really enjoy it and obviously we had a couple days [to prepare]. The manager spoke to me about it and Victor of course because against a team like this they're very tricky, a lot of tactical [information]. Sometimes I had to stay in the middle of the pitch to follow them.

"So it's something new but I love playing there, I love playing football. To get the win today was the most important thing."

Shaw may be shifted back over to left-back on Thursday evening when Harry Maguire returns from his one-match suspension for the clash with Tottenham Hotspur.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 2 days ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 2 days ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover