Ex-Super Eagles star Utaka hopes to win UEFA Champions League as coach

Forum 1 year ago

Ex-Super Eagles star Utaka hopes to win UEFA Champions League as coach

Former Super Eagles winger, John Utaka hopes to one day coach a team in Europe and also become the first African gaffer to win the prestigious UEFA Champions League.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/783372f5bdcc282fb52c78b2c11a00e1.jpg

Utaka, who won the English FA Cup with Portsmouth in 2008 is now into coaching.

The 41-year-old made his first foray into coaching in 2020 when he was hired by French club, Montpelier to work as an assistant coach for their U-19 team.

Utaka, who was part of Nigeria’s squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup hosted by South Korea and Japan, had since improved his knowledge of the game by gaining his UEFA A license in 2022 and is now working towards in UEFA pro badge.

“If the opportunity comes to coach a team in Europe, I will embrace it,” Utaka told DW.

“My dream is to win the trophies that I didn’t win as a player. I want to win them as a coach. We’ve never had an African coach win the Champions League. That is a goal for me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Championship play-offs fixtures confirmed [Full details]
Forum | 23 hours ago

Championship play-offs fixtures confirmed [Full details]

EPL: ‘Not by goal difference’ – Guardiola on how City will win title ahead of Arsenal
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: ‘Not by goal difference’ – Guardiola on how City will win title ahead of Arsenal

New The Acolyte Trailer Celebrates Star Wars Day
Forum | 1 day ago

New The Acolyte Trailer Celebrates Star Wars Day

Ronda Rousey To Write but Not Star in Netflix Biopic, Report Suggests
Forum | 1 day ago

Ronda Rousey To Write but Not Star in Netflix Biopic, Report Suggests