"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Oluwo advocates improved working conditions for policemen

Forum 1 year ago

Oluwo advocates improved working conditions for policemen

The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, has called on the government to improve the working conditions of police operatives in the country.

Oba Akanbi made this known in a statement signed by his press secretary, Alli Ibraheem, on Sunday.

The royal father, who said the improvement being advocated should come in form of salary increment, timely promotion and logistics assistance, also disclosed plans to host police operatives working in the three local government areas of Iwo, OlaOluwa and Ayedire.

The monarch observed that in the cause of service, many police operatives do not see their families for many months, while several others get injured in the process of discharging their responsibilities.

“Police officers are servants to the nation. They are patriots dedicated to protecting lives and property of Nigerians. Most of them will leave their family to protect other families in far away places. They are heroes that must be celebrated during and after service.

“In appreciation of the Nigeria Police commitment to securing Nigerians, I’m organising a special party to host and fete the policemen serving in my domain – Iwo, Ayedire and Ola Oluwa local government areas of Osun State.

“I always pity our policemen. In serving this nation, some of them will not see their family for months. Many have been casualties in the process of protecting others. Nothing can compensate for their loyalty and faithfulness to serve one’s fatherland. I want to call on the government to improve the working conditions of the police through salary increment, timely promotion and logistics assistance.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Road House 2: Prime Video Working on Sequel to Jake Gyllenhaal Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Road House 2: Prime Video Working on Sequel to Jake Gyllenhaal Movie

Finidi gives 2 conditions for Super Eagles players
Forum | 5 days ago

Finidi gives 2 conditions for Super Eagles players

Abigail Filmmakers No Longer Working on Escape from New York Requel
Forum | 1 week ago

Abigail Filmmakers No Longer Working on Escape from New York Requel

Howl: Leonardo DiCaprio Working on Live-Action Movie Told From a Dog and Wolf’s Perspective
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Howl: Leonardo DiCaprio Working on Live-Action Movie Told From a Dog and Wolf’s Perspective