Vincent Kompany responds to Chelsea managerial interest

Forum 1 year ago

Vincent Kompany responds to Chelsea managerial interest

Burnley manager Vincent Kompany has refused to be drawn on Chelsea's interest in hiring him as their next permanent boss.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7477414a399804583f7a9c32888ee9cd.jpg

Kompany has impressed this season, remodelling Burnley's style of play and firing them back to the Premier League in his first year in charge, and 90min understands the Belgian is on Chelsea's radar.

Chelsea's long search for a new manager has led them to final shortlist of three candidates. Kompany is believed to be among those options alongside Mauricio Pochettino and a third boss - reports have named Celtic's Ange Postecoglou as an outsider for the role.

Asked about the interest from Chelsea, Kompany took the same stance as he did following reports of a possible move to Tottenham, brushing off the speculation.

“I said I’m not engaging on any of these conversations," he said.

“I have too much at this moment in time in my head in terms of wanting to win football matches. That’s the only thing I care about.”

Former Bayern Munich boss Julian Nagelsmann was a leading contender for the Chelsea job before surprisingly withdrawing his interest, leaving Kompany and two others on the list.

90min understands that Chelsea's top priority now is Pochettino, who has impressed in a series of talks with the Blues hierarchy and appears to have emerged as the leading candidate.

Despite his impressive work with Burnley, Kompany is not seen as a genuine candidate for the Chelsea role at this point, with his inexperience putting him behind Pochettino at this point.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 1 day ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 2 days ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge