Update: Actor Jamie Foxx is 'awake and alert' as he remains hospitalised in Georgia after suffering a 'medical complication' over a week ago

Forum 1 year ago

Update: Actor Jamie Foxx is 'awake and alert' as he remains hospitalised in Georgia after suffering a 'medical complication' over a week ago

American actor, Jamie Foxx is 'awake and alert' after he was hospitalized following a health scare last week.

A source spoke to People on Friday April 21, and gave an update on the 55-year-old actor, who remains at a medical facility in Georgia.

'He's OK, thank God,' the source said. 'He's still in the hospital and doctors are running tests but he's awake and alert. They're keeping him under observation.'

Foxx was taken ill last Tuesday in Atlanta where he is filming his upcoming Netflix movie Back in Action, alongside Cameron Diaz and Glenn Close.

While his family has shared news of his health scare, they have not provided any details.

However, a source previously told People that Foxx was steadily improving.

Fans were initially alerted about the health scare when the actor's daughter Corinne Foxx shared a grave statement on social media earlier this month.

The 29-year-old actress wrote, 'We wanted to share that, my father, Jamie Foxx, experienced a medical complication yesterday.

'Luckily, due to quick action and great care, he is already on his way to recovery,' she continued.

'We know how beloved he is and appreciate your prayers. The family asks for privacy during this time,' the statement concluded.

At the time, sources confirmed to TMZ that Foxx's condition was serious enough to require him to go to a hospital.

Limited details have been shared and it's unclear what symptoms the comedian may have been suffering from.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 2 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone