I Was Under Wizkid’s Shadow At EME – Skales

Forum 11 months ago

I Was Under Wizkid’s Shadow At EME – Skales

Nigerian artiste, John Njeng-Njeng, popularly known as Skales, has recounted how he was always compared to his colleagues and constantly trolled while he was at Empire Mates Entertainment, EME.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/50950df25fa0bc33b6921d395323b39f.jpeg
He said he was being pressurised because he was under the shadow of two of the biggest artistes at that time; Banky W and Wizkid.

He recalled that trolls even compared him to N200 on Twitter because he wasn’t doing well at that time.

The ‘Shake Body’ crooner disclosed this in a recent interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo.

Skales said, 
“I will go on Twitter, people were comparing me to N200. Of course, I was under the shadow of two of the biggest artistes at that time [Banky W and Wizkid]. So, you know the pressure mehn. I had to come through.

“Some times, I will release music, I will go to YouTube or some random sites, I will see like the first five comments na insults. I will just not want to read the comments again. And I will just be feeling bad not knowing that there is people that think what you just did is the most amazing thing they’ve heard so far.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Cast Finds Its Shadow the Hedgehog Voice Actor
Forum | 3 days ago

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Cast Finds Its Shadow the Hedgehog Voice Actor

Emefiele: President Tinubu Closes Investigation Of Jim Obazee On CBN, Reveals Next Step
Forum | 1 week ago

Emefiele: President Tinubu Closes Investigation Of Jim Obazee On CBN, Reveals Next Step

Wizkid Misunderstood, Not Running Away From Afrobeats – Joeboy
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Wizkid Misunderstood, Not Running Away From Afrobeats – Joeboy