Earth Day: Adeleke approves climate change agenda

Forum 1 year ago

Earth Day: Adeleke approves climate change agenda

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has approved a comprehensive climate change agenda to address emerging concerns about climate change and its impact on the state.

The approval coincided with the celebration of World Earth Day celebrated today.

A statement by the governor’s spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed, obtained in Osogbo, explained that the new agenda would include the making of a climate change and adaptation policy for Osun State and the creation of the state climate advisory board.

It also disclosed the establishment of a climate tracking research unit at the Osun State University, the development of an annual state energy report and the hosting of a post-COP 27 conference for sub-national entities in Nigeria.

The statement also said part of the agenda covers a long list of climate adaptation and resilience projects which will generate local jobs, preserve the environment and enhance the state’s capacity to benefit in the area of carbon credit and finance.

Adeleke, in his remarks after endorsing the agenda, said the approval was in fulfilment of his election promises to address the threatening environmental crises facing Osun and the world at large.

“I take note of global climate crises and I believe we cannot leave the issue to the Federal Government alone. States must take active part in the movement to save the planet from imminent extinction. Our climate agenda is all inclusive.

“Our administration will invest in making Osun a truly green economy by mainstreaming climate matters in health, education, infrastructure, finance, mining, technology as well as gender and youth matters.

Our state will become truly resilient and emerge as a strong partner in the climate adaptability movement,” Adeleke said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe
Forum | 3 days ago

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 5 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 6 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama